My name is Diane Talbot and providing individualized instruction and support for students is my passion.
I provide private tutoring and academic coaching at my Boulder, CO office or online.
I provide creative, flexible, individualized and assessment-based, research-based, multi-sensory, explicit, and emotionally sound methods are the basis for my approaches of teaching children with learning difficulties.
I have 15 years of experience working with special needs, twice exceptional, and gifted students. I am LGTBQ affirming.
I specialize in working with bright, creative children and young adults who have/are:
- Learning Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Twice Exceptional
- Gifted and Talented
I also work with students who struggle with:
- Math Anxiety
- Low Number Sense
- Poor Handwriting
- Poor Written Organizational Skills
- Poor Executive Function
I can provide enrichment for gifted and curious students who need a challenge, twice exceptional students, and student who are struggling academically for whatever reason.
I support students who need help organizing academic belongings, assignments, and adjusting to a new setting (such as high school or college) as well as with study skills. I can help them access the resources available on campus.
On a personal note, I am the mother of five gifted and/or twice exceptional adult children and the grandmother to four. I am a serious ceramic artist, gardener and yogi. I love to read and in 2019, surpassed my Goodreads reading challenge goal of reading 50 books by finishing the year with 77 books.
- MA in Education, Western State Colorado University, emphasis in literacy
- Associate level certification with AOGPE (Academy of Orton Gillingham Practitioners and Educators)
- Certified Academic Language Practitioner (CALP) level with Academic Language Therapy Association (ALTA)
- Structured Literacy Dyslexia Interventionist with Center for Effective Reading Instruction (CERI)
- Math Interventionist certificate from Adams State University
- Reading Specialist Endorsement from Colorado Department of Education
- Special Education Generalist from Colorado Department of Education
I am committed to continuous professional development and individual learning. Here are a few of my ongoing efforts and affilitions:
- Currently studying Multi-sensory Math through ASDEC
- I study Structured Word Inquiry with a variety of teachers and mentors
- Professional Member of the International Dyslexia Association
- Member of The Reading League